Your New Go-To Turmeric Fall Tonic
Turmeric might just cure every ache and pain. Recent studies surrounding turmeric suggest its properties can lead to decreased inflammation, increased brain function and promote natural weight loss. It's known to heal from within with its active ingredient of curcumin. It's antioxidant properties help free the body of mutations in our DNA. It even helps protect against harmful liver diseases as it creates a protective layer around the liver, increasing bile production and helping with fat digestion. It's one of the only herbs that serves just about every organ in our bodies.
We are sharing our all time favorite turmeric fall tonic that will both warm your insides and leave you feeling pleasantly soothed.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of clove
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pepper of your choosing (ground pepper is usually the go-to)
- Fresh ginger (optional, but suggested)
- A spoonful of turmeric (feel free to add more if you want to load up on its healing properties)
- A milk substitution choice (almond and coconut milk are suggested)
- 1-2 cups of water
How to warm on the stove:
1. Boil water in a small kettle and slowly add the herbs to the water. Allow each herb to full steep into the water.
2. Strain out the herbs and add the milk substitute of your choice. Add a dash of honey if you need a sweetener.